Nov 11, 2008

Yaya by Ron Rogers = Junior Senior Substitute

Badass Daft Punk picture I found on Tumblr is what happens when the song I post is from 1980 and I can't even find a wikipedia entry on the artist.
 
When Junior Senior broke up in September, I didn’t think I’d ever hear anymore of their sweet indie pop again. I was bummed until I found out Jeppe is still making music. Yall should head over to his myspace to hear Big Boy. It was my favorite track for about three days a month ago. One song can only carry you so far though, that’s why I’m happy I found Yaya by Ron Rogers. Sure it’s not Junior Senior but it might as well be, everything is here. The nonsensical rhymes, heavy use of repetition, Danish accents, background singers, and a spectacular beat makes you wanna dance. Yaya is part of a compilation album titled Mutant Disco Vol. 3: Garage Sale. You can pick it up here.

Ron Rogers – Yaya [YSI]

No comments: