Dec 4, 2008

Diamond Cut Remixes



With all the time I spend celebrating the works of various Australian producers, I sometimes overlook the gems coming from producers right here in the good ‘ol US of A. New York producer Diamond Cut was one of those overlooked American gems until two weeks ago. With the four remixes below, her* bass driven synth melodies have ignited my musical patriotism. What is even more refreshing is the artists Diamond Cut chooses to remix. I admit to never hearing any work from any of the artists below before being introduced to them via a Diamond Cut remix.

Hail SocialNo Paradise (Diamond Cut Rebuff) [YSI]
Professor Groove & The Booty AffairLose Control (Diamond Cut ReLoss) [YSI]
DatostromAll That I Ever Needed (Diamond Cut Remix) [YSI]
Heavy Rotation – Run For Your Life (Diamond Cut Instrumental) [YSI]

* If you go to Diamond Cut’s myspace you will find Brandy and Ray J, R&B artists and stars of 1990s sitcom Moesha, in her Top Friends. Because I can’t think of any reason for an electronic producer to have Brandy, let alone Ray J, in her Top Friends, I’m guessing Diamond Cut is Moesha costar, Countess Vaughn. Think about it.

1 comment: