Dec 12, 2008

New Maroon 5 Remixes


I admit to being a closeted Maroon 5 fan. Well a closeted It Won’t Be Soon Before Long fan, I will admit Songs About Jane was a baseball-sized wad of bubble gum pop. But I find it hard to believe that one, without prior knowledge (and preconceived disgust) of Maroon 5, could not fall in love with the electro-funk-R&B amalgamation Mr. Levine and his band present on their sophomore album. The funk presented on Makes Me Wonder will not be denied. You will snap your fingers. You will sing. You will pop your neck side to side a la MJ during his Bad era. And don’t get me started on the exuberant synths and funky guitar riff of If I Never See Your Face Again. Actually you won’t have to get me started cause that’s all I got on that particular song. I am not an actual music critic.

But anyway, back to the subject at hand. You’re probably flipping through your calendar to check today’s date because you swear it is 2008 and not 2007 and since it is 2008 you’re probably wondering why the hell has this kid wasted 158 words on a year old album. Well, wiseacre, I’m trying to tell you about Call and Response: The Remix Album. Yeah, the one with blog favorites Cut Copy and Cool Kids on it. And the one with the cool video directed by Eric Wareheim of Tim & Eric fame. Yeah. Not so smug now smart aleck. You might call me crazy, but the Swizz Beatz remix in the video above is my favorite remix of the three.

Also, the Black guy in the thick framed glasses and large gold rope chain is your father.

Maroon 5 – Harder To Breathe Remix ft. The Cool Kids [YSI]
Maroon 5 – This Love (Cut Copy Galactic Beach House Mix) [YSI]

No comments: