Dec 17, 2008

Kendall's Favorite Songs of 2008 : Part 3


Ugh! I’m trying not to get another one of my Favorite Songs of 2008 posts stricken down by the nefarious DMCA, so I have begun to speak in code. Discodust found out that whenever a certain artist’s tracks were upped on the interwebs, the associated post is almost always deleted by the DMCA Bandits. The machines have taken over, we have been forced underground. So don’t be confused by that certain artist’s name, I’m sure you can figure it out.

On the post taken down yesterday, I lamented the fact that I forgot to include Everyone’s Got To Make A Living by Dances With White Girls on my favorites of ’08 list. Ask my roommate, this song ruled my life for about four days and annoyed the shit out of him. I won’t go back and amend the list but it would not be fair unless I posted Everyone’s Got To Make A Living here and here. Enjoy the rest of the best below.

Dance
The Bloody Beetroots – Rombo
The Bloody Beetroots – Butter
Justice – Planisphere Parts 1 through 4
The Golden Filter – Solid Gold
The Phantom’s Revenge – Moondancer
Surkin – Chrome Knight ft. Dave 1
A-Trak – Say Whoa
BURNS – Make Love
Beni – My Love Sees You

Australia
Miami Horror – Summerfest ’86
Miami Horror – Make You Mine
Bag Raiders – Shooting Stars
Ladyhawke – Dusk Til Dawn
Ladyhawke – My Delirium
Cut Copy – Hearts On Fire
Cut Copy – Far Away
Cut Copy – Out There On Thin Ice
Empire of the Sun – Walking On A Dream
Empire of the Sun – Standing On The Shore
Empire of the Sun – Swordfish Hotkiss Night
BMX – WAR

Hip Hop

Kid SisterGet Fresh [YSI]
T-PainCan’t Believe It ft. Lil’ Wayne [YSI]
Lil’ Wayne3 Peat [YSI]
Lil’ WayneLet The Beat Build [YSI]
The Count & SindenHardcore Girls ft. Rye Rye [YSI]
WaleThe Kramer [YSI]
Young JeezyPut On ft. K@nye We$t [YSI]
K@nye We$t – Street Lights [YSI]
Dizzee RascalDance Wiv Me ft. Calvin Harris [YSI]
Herve & A-TrakRoll With The Winners ft. Cadence Weapon [YSI]
Kid CudiT.G.I.F. ft. Chip The Ripper [YSI]

B-More

Debonair SamirFreaky Girl [YSI]

Indie Rock
Metronomy – Heartbreaker
Magistrates – Make This Work
Ghostland Observatory – Freeheart Lover
Boy Crisis – L’homme
Bloc Party – Mercury
Starfucker – German Love
Black Kids – Look At Me (When I Rock Wichoo)
Cansei De Ser Sexy – Move
The Ting Tings – Shut Up and Let Me Go
Tokyo Police Club – Tessellate

Indie Pop
Priors – What You Need
Lykke Li – Breaking It Up
Lykke Li – I’m Good I’m Gone
The Twelves – Works For Me
Little Boots – Meddle
NERD – You Know What
Sam Sparro – 21st Century Life

No comments: