Dec 18, 2008

Kendall's Favorite Songs of 2008 : Part 4


This Kendall’s Favorite Songs of 2008 thing is starting to get old if I can say so myself (I can). Today we have my favorite “Indie Rock” songs of 2008. Basically I classified any group that uses a guitar as “Indie Rock”. That’s the way they taught us to label things at The School for Unimaginative People Who Can’t Think of Descriptive Words Good.

Dance
The Bloody Beetroots – Rombo
The Bloody Beetroots – Butter
Justice – Planisphere Parts 1 through 4
The Golden Filter – Solid Gold
The Phantom’s Revenge – Moondancer
Surkin – Chrome Knight ft. Dave 1
A-Trak – Say Whoa
BURNS – Make Love
Beni – My Love Sees You

Australia
Miami Horror – Summerfest ’86
Miami Horror – Make You Mine
Bag Raiders – Shooting Stars
Ladyhawke – Dusk Til Dawn
Ladyhawke – My Delirium
Cut Copy – Hearts On Fire
Cut Copy – Far Away
Cut Copy – Out There On Thin Ice
Empire of the Sun – Walking On A Dream
Empire of the Sun – Standing On The Shore
Empire of the Sun – Swordfish Hotkiss Night
BMX – WAR

Hip Hop
Kid Sister – Get Fresh
T-Pain – Can’t Believe It ft. Lil’ Wayne
Lil’ Wayne – 3 Peat
Lil’ Wayne – Let The Beat Build
The Count & Sinden – Hardcore Girls ft. Rye Rye
Wale – The Kramer
Young Jeezy – Put On ft. Kanye West
Kanye West – Street Lights
Dizzee Rascal – Dance Wiv Me ft. Calvin Harris
Herve & A-Trak – Roll With The Winners ft. Cadence Weapon
Kid Cudi – T.G.I.F. ft. Chip The Ripper

B More
Debonair Samir – Freaky Girl

Indie Rock

MetronomyHeartbreaker [YSI]
MagistratesMake This Work [YSI]
Ghostland ObservatoryFreeheart Lover [YSI]
Boy CrisisL’homme [YSI]
Bloc PartyMercury [YSI]
StarfuckerGerman Love [YSI]
Black KidsLook At Me (When I Rock Wichoo) [YSI]
Cansei De Ser SexyMove [YSI]
The Ting TingsShut Up and Let Me Go [YSI]
Tokyo Police ClubTessellate [YSI]

Indie Pop
Priors – What You Need
Lykke Li – Breaking It Up
Lykke Li – I’m Good I’m Gone
The Twelves – Works For Me
Little Boots – Meddle
NERD – You Know What
Sam Sparro – 21st Century Life

* pic via Trend Land

No comments: