Mar 19, 2008

ED BANGER Videos! Yippppeeee!!!

I’ve been watching a lot of Ed Banger Records artists lately. Now I know Ed Banger Records has its haters and to them I say, “F U!” I can listen to what I want, yes even the occasional Gwen Stefani or Fergie song, I don’t have to answer to no one. Now that that act of lashing out to mask my own embarrassment is over, here is a list. You know you like it.



First up is DVNO, the latest from Justice. I’m pretty sure you’ve already seen and heard this one but I’m gonna put it anyway cause it helped me learn the lyrics of the song. I never knew what the hell was going on in this song; I actually thought he was saying “DVNO, Fuck a capital letter”. At least I got most of it right.




Next it’s a cool video from the Token Black Guy in the Ed Banger group. Just kidding, DJ Medhi is cool dude. I saw him opening up for Justice in Austin, he is a good DJ/ cheerleader. He would walk away from the tables periodically dancing or leading the crowd with the now standard electro fist pump, which I patented (it’s the truth, do your research). This video for I Am Somebody shows Medhi doing some more dancing and unexplained fighting. (Peep the Dave 1 cameo at the end)




Rainbow Man from Busy P is a lackluster song, so you’re probably wondering why I included it. Its because this video has the laziest gay dancer I’ve ever seen. I’m not being homophobic, I’m cool with gay people (living with one for two years in the dorms), but come on this dude has got to “BRING IT”. Gay men are known worldwide for their flamboyant dance moves in dance clubs and this dude just treads into the color-changing room and half-asses it.



D.A.N.C.E. the video that spawned a million slim-fit t-shirts. This video was so badass it prompted Kanye West to go out and get So Me to direct the exact same video for Good Life, except a little Blacker.



Another video from DJ Medhi for the track Signatune. This song is so hard I thought for sure this swole-ass Russian(?) dude was preparing to do some hard-core whacking, and not the kind you do while listening to Christopher Cross and watching reruns of Mork and Mindy alone in your room (I can’t be the only that does this). Enough of about me just watch the video, the ending is cool.

1 comment:

weworemasks said...

this post was hilarious. good shit.