Mar 18, 2008

Myspace Crawl

Been trolling through the expansive, perilous landscape called Myspace today, here's what I found. Enjoy. . . . I barely made it out alive.






LMFAO - Yes [fast download]

LMFAO - Leaving You For The Groove [fast download]


Love this group out of California. They have a hipster friendly rap style that reminds me of a present-day Cool Kids and their production is the shit. There is a badass electro-dance-hiphop aura surrounding there songs. Keep your eyes on their Myspace page for new songs and possible touring dates.






I Haunt Wizards are a group of teens out of England that are so good I'm less pissed at all the kids aged 13 to 18 (everyone knows I hate those darn teenagers with their bippity-boppity and hippity hoppity). They have a cool, gloomy, 8-bit sounds like Crystal Castles except with more singing. According to their Myspace page, they "wish it was the 80s again", presumably so they can still piss their own pants without being ridiculed, but you can't hold their facile nostalgia against them. They are just kids after all.

I Haunt Wizards - Vampire Aids [fast download]

I Haunt Wizards - Thats a Nice Dress [fast download] (This song is practically a Crystal Castles cover, still cool though)

*Both songs are demos , so sound quality is a little bad.




New song from one of my favorite groups, Glass Candy. In my weightless opinion, not their best song but I'll take anything from Glass Candy with a smile.

Glass Candy - Nite Nurses [fast download]






And finally, just cause everyone else in the blogosphere is doing it, I'm posting this new music video from Yelle. France must be the most colorful place in the world.





No comments: