Mar 27, 2008

New Music: Post Paper/Test Week Edition

First up, is a Justice on Justice remix of DVNO. I'm not sure if this is new, but I hadn't heard it until two days ago. The remix is not as dancefloor-friendly as the original, but it's an interesting take on a song that I've definitely played out after the new video was released. So Me is the shit!

Justice - DVNO (Justice Remix) [fast download]

Cool track from Steed Lord with some help from Crookers.

Steed Lord - Take My Hand ft. Crookers [fast download]

I love these guys, they have some of the most fun mixes on the internet hands down. Check out their myspace page for more remixes. DJs, please go pick up their vinyl here, cause I have to hear/dance to this shit at some club/bar in Houston in the near future.

Top Billin' - Do You Want To Party [fast download]

This is approximately the 62nd remix of the HEARTSREVOLUTION song CYOA, but this one actually spikes the Kool-Aid. Halfway through the mix, you will swear that Kate has taken up rappin' ala MIA. Badass remix.

HEARTSREVOLUTION - CYOA (Flosstradamus Remix) [fast download]

First off, a large part of the reason this track is on this blog is because it is a Diplo remix. I'm sorry, I just love any song this guy touches. Gold Jerry, Gold! But an equally important reason is PGRZ, the record label that Hood Headlinez and other artists are a part of. I first heard the original track about 4-5 months ago and I was blown away. Being from Houston, I immediately identified with the laid back sound, but the PRGz tracks are better than anything that's come out of Houston in a long while. Seriously, give Wood Grain and Rollin a listen and tell me you don't get that warm fuzzy feeling you got when you first heard Sittin Sidewayz (and I don't mean the after effects of sippin' "lean").

PRGz - Bama Gettin Money (Diplo Remix) [fast download]

No comments: