Oct 30, 2008

Kid Sister - Get Fresh


Ah man, I love me some hipster rap. I love it because it provides me a way to "get my Black on" in a non-threatening manner. Imagine the look on my neighbor's face if I pulled into my driveway banging Before Da Kappa 2000 out of my car with all four windows down. Somebody just lost his invitation to the annual neighborhood barbeque. That's why I'm loving Get Fresh by Kid Sister. That and the Dimmakunication sample during the hook is dope.

Now that we're on the topic of Kid Sister, you're probably thinking I could easily do a mean post attributing her success to her good looks similar to the Katy Perry "boobs = success" post I did last week. Well you're wrong (and a big meanie) for thinking that and I'll tell you why. Kid Sister is good. Granted, she isn't the greatest wordsmith around but her tracks are always well produced and fun. She also varies her beat selection which brings a different feeling to each track. Oh, you don't believe me? Download Family Reunion below. In it Kid Sister raps and sings (oh yeah folks, she's multi-talented) over another great beat that will have you begging for a full length album.

Kid Sister - Get Fresh [YSI]
Kid Sister - Family Reunion ft. David Banner [YSI]

Update: Whoops! Looks like I'm an idiot. The hook doesn't have a sample from Dimmakunication, it just sounds similar.

No comments: