Aug 3, 2008

Erotic City Come Alive


I downloaded this new Computer Club reflip of the Prince classic, Erotic City, over at Missingtoof today. I really don't hear much of a difference between the Computer Club version and the original but I'm not complaining. When I first discovered Erotic City last year (don't ask me why it took so long), the original and the George Clinton version stayed on repeat on my mp3 player for about a month. Released on the B-side to the 1984 single Let's Go Crazy (people actually bought singles, ha!), Erotic City is a Prince track that should be enjoyed by everyone. I'm including the original version, the George Clinton version, and the song that is said to have inspired Prince to make Erotic City, White Horse by Laid Back.


"Make love not war, Erotic City come alive." - Prince, right before shooting the J in Charlie Murphy's face

Prince - Erotic City (Computer Club Reflip) [YSI]

Prince - Erotic City [YSI]

George Clinton - Erotic City (Prince Cover) [YSI]

Laid Back - White Horse [YSI]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love some pancakes. I don't know if I'm old enough to say this is my shit, but you got to love anything that has prince in it. He's my favorite little person and one of my favorite artist. Keep that shit coming; much better than that R.E.M shit. All we need now is some Frankie Smith-Double Dutch Bus. If you wanna ride, then ride the white ho! (no miss print)
Keep it real bitches!!!