Aug 12, 2008

It's A Disco Party!


I told yall in an earlier post I would let everyone know when Database's UglyEdit Vol 1 album was released via their myspace page. Well, I'm a couple of days late, but here you go: Database's UglyEdit Vol. 1 album has been released via their myspace page.

Since I posted Database in the beginning of July, their tracks have been posted by bigger blogs like Bigstereo and The Fast Life and now more people are discovering the Brazilian duo, Database. People like disco/soul music, people like French house, so of course people will love the product of disco/soul and French house coming together. It's pure science.

UglyEdit Vol 1 is a mix of Database original productions, reedits, and remixes, plus tracks from their countrymen The Twelves, Bo$$ In Drama, Cello Zero of NRK and more. I've posted two songs from the album in previous posts so definitely go here and here to check them out. Some of my new favorites are below.

Database - ReaIce [YSI]
Midnight Martyn - Oh Right! [YSI]
Tears for Fears - Mad World (Cello Zero re-edit) [YSI]

I know this is supposed to be a Database post, but how great is Midnight Martyn. The Party People track he is featured on was a favorite of mine a month ago and then he makes Oh Right! for the UglyEdit album. It's 2008 and the dude is still killing the dancefloor with the disco. Bravo my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

huahaaua!
thanks!
New tracks soon!

Midnight Martyn.