Aug 19, 2008

Hardcore Girls


After hooking up with big names producers like Diplo and Blaqstarr and then gaining a spot on M.I.A.'s first KALA promo tour through the US, 17yr old Baltimore native Rye Rye has taken the electro/dance music world over with her infectious flow. I mean, when you think of American chicks that flow over dance tracks two names come to mind: Kid Sister and Rye Rye. While Kid Sister definitely possesses a more polished sound, Rye Rye sounds down n' dirty in the best way possible. There is a reason her collab with Count & Sinden is called Hardcore Girls, there is no talk of beepers or nail salons here, just a healthy dose of boasts and bootycentric dance instructions for her loyal gyrating listeners.

And I haven't even mentioned the awesome production of Count & Sinden. The song sounds like a blend of killer tracks from Christmas Past. The track somehow manages to sound familar and new at the same time.

The Count & Sinden - Hardcore Girls ft. Rye Rye [YSI]

Interesting side note: I'm pretty sure Rye Rye had auto tune surgically implanted into her larynx. I saw her in concert and her voice is even higher in person. I swear, during her set about 250 dogs stormed into the venue. No, I don't know who let them out, Jamaican guy.

No comments: