Aug 11, 2008

Los Electricos


There are three primary reasons that I blog. The first reason is I love music and blogging gives me the opportunity to spread the love. The second reason is to flaunt my love of unsigned hype/the next big thing before everyone gets a chance to discover that they like said act. That might seem elitist or self-aggrandizing but I can guarantee the first person that posted Justice, fifteen blog years ago, still talks about that magical day he was "The First". He probably includes the link to the post in the signature of all his emails and credits his timely recommendation as the force behind Justice's massive success. The third reason, simply put, is hoes. You would not believe the amount of hoes having a blog brings. I mean, you would not believe it. You don't believe it huh?

I'm posting Los Electricos because of the first two reasons. Los Electricos hails from Brooklyn/Milan and his music will make you feel like you're driving a Ferrari, top-down, at night on South Beach, in a pastel 1980s Miami. The description is cliché but you get the point, this is 80s synth/new wave electro updated for the kids. Head over to his myspace and you'll see that half of Valerie Records is in his top friends list. DCR, the man behind the moniker, says he gets a lot of inspiration from the Valerie collective and you can hear it in his work. Pick up a few of my favorites from his Waiting To Be Dead EP below and remember where you got it from first, because I sure will.

Los Electricos - Fang [YSI]
Los Electricos - It's Always Nightime Somewhere [YSI]
Los Electricos - Schelectro [YSI]

2 comments:

Rory said...

First comment on first Los Electricos post!

Anonymous said...

great great great tracks...keep them coming