May 27, 2008

Le Castle Vania Remix, Hall & Muthaf-ing Oates!!


Atlanta DJ/Producer, Le Castle Vania, posted this hot remix of the GRUM track Go Back yesterday on the Discodust blog. I’m pretty pissed I didn’t give this track its proper respect by listening to it right away cause this track is extremely banging. So here is the remix, a day late, I'm so ashamed.

GRUM – Go Back (Le Castle Vania Remix) [divshare]

SSDT. Underestimating tracks since 2k8. (Lame HRO homage)


The video above is from the MTV2 show, Wonder Showzen. Not sure if the show still airs, but it routinely teetered along the line between offensive and funny more than any show I've seen in awhile. That damn Chewties song is catchy as hell.

I read on Stereogum today that the bad boys of Yacht Rock, Hall and Oates, played their first show at the Troubadour in 35 years last week. In their soft-rocking honor, I'm posting this cover version of their 1981 hit I Can't Go for That (No Can Do) performed by PJ Pooterhoots. I also included a video of the smooth-voiced badasses performing there hit live at the Troubadour below.

PJ Pooterhoots - I Can't Go for That (No Can Do) (Hall & Oates Cover) [divshare]

No comments: