May 22, 2008

Old School Reunion


My search for good new music collided with a roadblock today and I began to panic. I haven’t posted music since yesterday morning and I was beginning to worry I would lose my adoring audience (all 10 of you) if I didn’t post anything. My desperation somehow brought me to the myspace page of New Young Pony Club. In NYPC’s comments section I saw one of my most highly despised myspace practices, the “Check out our myspace page, we just posted blah blah blah!!!11!!1!” I hate this type of shameless self-promotion, I don’t even think twice about clicking to hear the crap track from the crap artist. This time was different, the desperation took hold and I was compelled to click. The artist in question this time was Old School Reunion and the track was Love Story, and I’ll be damned, it was good. I guess I really have a soft spot in my heart for electro-pop.

Moral of the story, every artist that posts tracks on a more established artist’s myspace page are not shit. Just 95% of them are shit.

As the great Michael Scott said this season, “Desperate situations yield the quickest results.” Michael Scott for Pennsylvania Paper Product Manager of the Year!

Old School Reunion - Love Story [divshare]

Old School Reunion - Disco Interface [divshare]

No comments: