Jul 31, 2008

New Ish From Hatchmatik, Le Castle Vania, and Kissy Sell Out



First up is the remix of Adam Kesher's Local Girl by Hatchmatik. After hearing his Club Aria remix, and his remixes for Thunderheist, Chromeo and MTO, I thought I had his style figured out. Hyphy, hyphy, hyphy is what his myspace page says and that about sums the style. It's not Bay Area hyphy necessarily but the energy and intensity is there, it still makes you wanna go dumb while ghost ridin the whip. As I said earlier, I thought I had his style figured out, that is until I heard his Local Girl remix. In it, Hatchmatik lets the synth melodies and Adam Kesher's vocals take front seat in the track but keeps the vocals not to far behind. The sound was not what I was expecting when I first downloaded the track but it was definitely a pleasant surprise. Versatility in production styles is always a good thing.

Adam Kesher - Local Girl (Hatchmatik Remix) [YSI]



Because I always make claims of not posting the tracks all the other blogs are posting, I wasn't gonna post the new Le Castle Vania remix of Through A Keyhole by Walter Meego I received yesterday. That resistance didn't last long though. As any blog reader knows, Le Castle Vania remixes are always top notch. The man knows how to get any song ready for the dancefloor. In Through A Keyhole, he adds some hard drum kicks, voice distortion and synth melodies flipping a rather humdrum song on its head. Le Castle Vania knows what the kids want and he gives it to them with every remix.

Walter Meego - Through A Keyhole (Le Castle Vania Remix) direct download [zshare]



Since I was neither in my twenties or white during the 1990s, I have never heard of R.E.M. but I downloaded Kissy Sell Out's Bmore remix of Nightswimming anyway. Why you ask. Kissy Sell Out and bmore. The Kissy Sell Out remixes of Merrymaking at My Place and Fancy Footwork are badass, so I knew they would make Nightswimming better. And did I mention it was bmore, bmore is always ftw in my book. However, bmore can become repetitive after a while if the production is too sparse but that isn't a problem with this remix. Kissy Sell Out found the perfect mix between the standard bmore beat loop we all know and love and the pianos, violins and whatever other instruments (people still use those?) R.E.M. used to make Nightswimming.

R.E.M. - Nightswimming [YSI]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to say, R.E.M is probably the gayest group second to ABBA. Their songs blow fat midget dogs for pesos. I will give it to kissy sell out; instead of this song being irreparably gay, i can actually live through this song.
I feel whatchu saying about bmore; gotta love that shit!
Keep it gangsta bitches!!!

Anonymous said...

Funny how C Moore has a problem with something being gay, yet he's the person calling everyone bitches and obsessed with 'balzacs'. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

shut up bitch. you looking too much into your own life. too bad you had to stay anonymous. I would have really love to get to know you before I stabbed you. talking shit and now you about to get kicked in yo chest!
One last thing: Go fuck yourself. ya moms cant do it anymore since I'm beating up her guts. She loves me! She loves me!
Arrive Derche Asshole!!!! you get one more exclamation mark

Anonymous said...

^
What. An. Ignoramus.
Christ. >_<

(Anon, as it's not worth my time)

Anonymous said...

Why comment bitch?!!!