Jun 13, 2008

Five For Friday


I received the new Soda & Suds track, Zapatista, at 2am this morning (Houston time). Included with this banging track was this oh so sweet message that states "We send it to you guys exclusive, cuz we like your blog, hope you guys like it". Now, I'm not a psychic, but I don't think I'm the only person that received this email. I think the fact that they used the phrase "you guys" at least 5 times throughout the email tipped me off. Exclusive or not, my feelings are not hurt, the track is dope. As they also state in the email, "Its kind of boys noize shit". Thanks for the track guys and you can tell me the truth next time, I'm a big boy.

Soda & Suds - Zapatista [YSI]


I've discovered another fresh act out of Australia. He goes by the moniker Magic Happens and he makes some pretty cool electrofunk. His track Cold Start drove me crazy trying to think of what sample he used (you gotta figure it out yourself). Check out that track and his Kid Cudi remix below.

Magic Happens - Cold Start [YSI]
Kid Cudi - Day N' Night (Magic Happens Remix) [YSI]


By now French DJ, producer, and graphic artist, Danger, needs no introduction or extra hyping to get people to listen and download his tracks, so I won't even try. What I will say is that his new track, 00h00, features the Chicago rapper Vyle. Don't fear however, 00h00 is not Bounce, it does not contain cliched lyrics about partying or girls going "south" (NORE really killed that track, and not in a good way). Danger keeps his signature sound while incorporating Vyle's vocals and produces another dope track.

Danger - 00h00 ft. Vyle [YSI]


And finally, I have a remix by the man that will keep the party going tonight at Boondocks for Don't Fight It. All your favorite electro, indie, remixes will be played by Dave Wrangler and the bartenders will $2 dollar Lone Stars all night. Choose your own attraction.

DJ Blaqstarr - Shake It To The Ground ft. Rye Rye (Dave Wrangler Remix) [YSI]

No comments: