Jun 28, 2008

DJ Medhi - Pocket Piano (Chewy Chocolate Cookies Remix)


Awhile back I did a "Masters Of The Remix" post about the Brazilian group The Twelves. I never thought of MOTR as a potential recurring theme until I heard this new Pocket Piano remix from Chewy Chocolate Cookies (who will now be referred to as "CCC"). This now makes about 10 dope remixes from CCC on my computer, stay tuned because I will definitely be throwing together a MOTR post about CCC in the coming days.

DJ Mehdi's original Pocket Piano had the potential to be one of the few dope tracks on the lackluster Ed Rec Vol. 3, but the light piano and guitar instrumentation left too much to be inferred. The bass that emerges about halfway through the song should have hit harder. I mean, it's Ed Banger Records not Ed Adult Contemporary Records, am I right guys? Don't worry though, CCC took care of that by adding some banging bass that continues throughout the track while keeping the chord progression that made the original track so great. Anyway, enough from me, download this new CCC remix cause if I'm up at 10:30 on a Saturday morning, hung-over after much drinking last night, doing a post about it, you damn sure better at least listen to it on zshare. Holla!

DJ Medhi - Pocket Piano (Chewy Chocolate Cookies Remix) [YSI]

2 comments:

Deca said...

I started listening to this song while laying in my bed.
I ended the session with the song while practically having a 1 person dance party in my room.

HVAC Contractors Oxnard said...

I enjoyed readding this