Jun 18, 2008

Anchors Away!!!!

Despite what the “experts” predicted, I survived my harrowing wisdom teeth removal procedure yesterday, however my face wasn’t as lucky. I look like Kanye West in his Through The Wire video. I won’t be picking up any girls until this swelling goes down cause no matter how great your sense of humor is chicks just don’t dig the Elephant Man.

Alright, I admit I don't look nearly as bad as these two guys. FREAKS!!!!!


Besides suffering from unwarranted body image issues the past two days, I realized I need to start using anchors on my post. My definition of an anchor is that track that comes along every 2 or 3 days that every blog with a functioning internet connection posts within seconds of discovery. Today, it’s the new Clipse track, a couple of days ago it was the new Diplo remix, a few days before that it was the Pharrell/Santogold/that guy from The Strokes song…..you get the idea. Well, since the blog business is about exposure for the artists and the bloggers themselves, I’ve decided to include an anchor on each of my posts for that extra hypem/elbo.ws traffic. This will satisfy both the objectives of the mp3 blog. Today’s anchor will be the aforementioned Clipse track, Fast Life.

Clipse - Fast Life [YSI]

I had to go through all the hard work that signing in to my email entails to discover these two cool tracks from Polygon Palace. The first track is a nice remix of Hearts On Fire by Cut Copy. I think HOF remixes are impossible to mess up, the original track is just too solid. Not sure what the Unterhaag means, but their second track Disko Unterhaag is cool Calvin Harris-esque electrofunk. Pick up the tracks below and go visit their space to listen to more goodness.

Cut Copy - Hearts On Fire (Polygon Palace Remix) [YSI]

Polygon Palace - Disko Unterhaag [YSI]

I’m gonna apologize now to Culture Of Me cause I’m stealing this track. While I post a lot of electro bangers and b-more club music, I still think you can’t beat a solid remix of an electronic dance rock track. I guess since they use real drums, guitars, keytars and such, it sounds more real. Or I could be completely wrong, maybe instruments will go the way of the vinyl in the next 5 years. Who knows? I know I love this Sta remix of These Electric Lives though. Enjoy.

The Electric Lives - We Should Be Believing (Sta Remix) [YSI]

Unrelated question: While downloading a track off zshare, I saw a banner ad for a “free” ringtone download of the Katy Perry single I Kissed A Girl. This especially caught my attention since I posted this track not too long ago. My question is when did Katy Perry become mainstream pop with the same name recognition as Chris Brown or T-Pain? This is not good for the blog rep at all.

1 comment:

777 Edurdo said...

Thanks for posting tthis