Jun 6, 2008

Hearts On Fire Remixed




I just downloaded this new Hearts on Fire remix by Holy Ghost! today. In standard DFA fashion, Holy Ghost took a five minute song and stretched it into an eight minute exercise in tight basslines and sharp percussions. Truthfully, I don't even know if the last 3 minutes are part of the original Hearts On Fire. My advice, don't worry about it, just go along for the ride.

British master of electro-funk, Calvin Harris, remixed Hearts On Fire also; I think the track was released last week. I had to listen to it about 5 times before I conceded to its greatness. This may seem bias and that's because it is, in my mind Calvin Harris can do no wrong. Any Calvin Harris fans (better be all of you) will fell right at home with this remix.

Plus I'm posting the original because I'm still not fully convinced either remix is better than the original. Cut Copy ftw.

Cut Copy - Hearts On Fire [YSI]
Cut Copy - Hearts On Fire (Holy Ghost! Remix) [YSI]
Cut Copy - Hearts On Fire (Calvin Harris Remix) [YSI]

2 comments:

kristian r said...

i've only listened to the Calvin Harris mix maybe once or twice but i'm not convinced. maybe it will take a few listens, as it did for you. normally i'm a fan of his work, and i'm a fan of the original song, so i was a bit disappointed with this one when i heard it. his recent (?) mix of the Ting Ting's "Great DJ" was pretty awesome though.

Getback Skeeza said...

The CH remix of Great DJ was beyond awesome. I'm not witty, so I can't think of a word to potray something that's beyond awesome, but if you can think of that word, apply it to that remix. Awesomer????