Apr 22, 2008

Beni Single, Marianne Faithfull & Biddu Orchestra

Before I post music, I have some good news and bad news to report. First the good news, my free fileden account has reached its download limit for the month. This is great because it means I’m actually getting more traffic on the blog and I’m a little bit closer to total global domination (First step for total global domination: Take over the interweb). Plans for total global domination aside, now it’s time for the bad news, my free fileden account has reached its download limit for the month. Yeah, fileden shows annoying ads when I’m logging in and uploading files but I think it’s the best free file-sharing website because how quickly and easily a blog visitor can download a track. So for the next 20 days I have to start using another file-sharing site, right now it looks like its gonna be YSI but this will probably change. Sorry blog roamers, but for the next 20 days it looks like you’re gonna have to suck it up and click that extra button.


I’m about to post three epic seven minute songs because I feel the songs I’ve posted lately are too short. Here is 21 minutes of music in three tracks, see if you can keep up.

This first track is a Baron von Luxxury remix of Marianne Faithfull’s Broken English. I downloaded this track from a post on discoworkout in which Baron von Luxxury damn near wrote a biography of Marianne Faithfull’s life. Go check out the site to see a real man’s post, very interesting stuff.

Marianne Faithfull - Broken English (Baron von Luxxury Light Touch Remix - 129BPM) [YSI]


The next track is by Beni Single, member of the group Riot In Belgium, not to be confused with the Roc-A-Fella rapper Beanie Sigel. This is one of my favorite songs I’ve downloaded in the last week, I listened to it yesterday four times in a row. I love the bass line, there is a perfect voice loop, and a drum pattern that incorporates hand claps. I can’t think of one bad song that uses hand claps, its impossible to make a bad song as long as you use hand claps, they rule.

Beni Single - My Love Needs You [YSI]


Curtis Vodka has a new blog called White Light Orchestra where he posts rarely heard disco tracks and remixes. I grabbed this remix of Biddu Orchestra off his first post. Check out his blog for more disco goodness.

Biddu Orchestra - Boogiethon (Curtis Vodka's White Light Orchestra Edit) [YSI]



P.S. - I'm at work on my lunch break, so no pretty picture this time.

No comments: