Apr 16, 2008

Ed Rec Volume III


Ed Rec Vol III drops May 26th and French-electro fans everywhere rejoice (including me). MISSINGTOOF posted the album teaser mixed by Feadz 4 days ago. I was one mouse click away from posting it on the blog before I realized, in my opinion, the teaser isn't that great. The individual tracks are dope, I just don't like the mix that much (sorry Feadz). I found three of the tracks online and I'm posting them for your listening pleasure. Follow the missingtoof link if you want the teaser.


The first track is To Protect & Entertain produced by Busy P featuring Murs. In the track, it sounds like Murs has been reading his scenester manual as he calls out blogs, cobrasnake, hipsters, and raves (little late on that one Murs). Great production and Murs is hilarious.




A new Ed Rec mixtape would not be an Ed Rec mixtape without a Justice track/remix. Stress(Auto Remix) sounds like Stress if Justice performed the track at the Grammys. The big award shows always like to take a current track and let a symphony or orcharestra play some of the parts but it usually doesn't sound as good as this remix.




Over The Top is the first track I've heard from Mr Flash and from the opening guitar riff (that any hair metal fan will love) the song lives up to its name. Actually, I don't know if the title is a reference to the guitar playing of 80s hair metal bands or the 1987 Sylvester Stallone arm-wrestling movie Over The Top (yes, the one where he had to arm wrestle for custody of his kid), either way its badass.

No comments: