Apr 23, 2008

Three Sassy Ladies

I’m not a fan of most traditional female artists that sing about feelings and love and other fluff. Its an old, well-drawn subject that bores me. My preference are women like Madonna, Peaches or Uffie that sing about sex, partying, and drinking the same way male R&B singers and rappers have done since the dawn of time. So, I'm dedicated this post to some sassy ladies I've downloaded today.


First track is Robot Oeuf by Uffie, another track off Ed Rec Vol III. This will have to be the last Ed Rec Vol III track I post since I’ve now posted six tracks off this album. I don’t want to get kicked off of elbo.ws again, they're the only reason I get more than 5 visitors a day. From what I’ve heard so far the album is shaping up to be a good one. There is a lot of hip-hop though for a compilation by a French electro-house record label.

Uffie - Robot Oeuf [YSI]




Madonna, The Female Pop Star, releases her new album, Hard Candy, on April 29th and the tracks have been leaking all over the internet for the last two weeks. Give It Up 2 Me produced by the Neptunes is an infectious track. I didn’t like the first 30 seconds or so but the track quickly grew on me. Could definitely use some remixes though, its kinda slow for my tastes.

Madonna - Give It Up 2 Me [YSI]




Has anyone here heard of Katy Perry? Since I try not to listen to the indie rock artists posted on the blogs I visit, I’m pretty late to this artist. Really the only reason I gave her a shot is because she is hot and you don’t see hot female indie singers too often. I guess cause they’re “intellectual” and “actually talented” or something. Brief description of her sound so you know what you're about to listen to: an American Lily Allen or maybe Feist mixed with Pink.

Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl [YSI]

Katy Perry - UR So Gay [YSI]

By the way, I picked up the Madonna and Uffie tracks off of the excellent blog FYOF. Go check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post of Uffie! I've got a couple more Ed Rec III songs on my blog http://www.findvoltorbcatchvoltorb.blogspot.com/
including Pocket Piano and Over The Top.

Getback Skeeza said...

Thanks for the tip, I downloaded that remix a little while back when it first hit the internets. Pretty cool track.