Apr 11, 2008

Nice Guys

I like to think of my blog as a musical farmer's market, a place to find some fresh, tasty, pesticide-free music and the new peaches arriving to market today are the Nice Guys, a hip hop group based out of Houston. I would describe their sound as a poppier Little Brother (even down to the attempt at humor), or maybe a Black Aesop Rock, or maybe Murs in a good mood, or maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about because the only hip-hop I listen to is MF Doom. But don't mind my inability to catagorize rap music, this group is definitely fresh.



*Guy in top left square is the Nice Guy's DJ, DJ Candlestick, top right is producer, Cristolph, bottom right is producer, Free, and bottom left is rapper, Yves ftw! Bingo!




PS. I'm not doing this post just because one of the members of the group lives with me. I'm doing this post just because one of the members of the group forced me to. . . . . . . . . All jokes aside, the Nice Guys make good music, so give the tracks a whirl and see how you like em.


Nice Guys - EASY [direct download]

Nice Guys - Real TV (PG-13) [direct download]

Nice Guys - Only Fools Resist! [direct download]

No comments: