Apr 15, 2008

New Dave Wrangler Remixes


Big ups to Dave Wrangler for being the first person to send an mp3 to Southside Discotech. Now, I know you all probably think I'm some kind of no-nonsense, music-loving, badass Black guy but that's only partly true. I do have a soft side and I'm not afraid to say this email made my day. Thanks a lot to Dave Wrangler (momentary cry break).


Okay I'm back. I've seen Dave Wrangler twice at Boondocks, once during the DJ Battle (Dave Wrangler vs. Kidsmith) two weeks ago and at Don't Fight It last Friday. Both times he rocked the damn place, played some hot tracks and made me want to dance uncontrollably if only it was socially acceptable. Today he sent over two hot remixes. The first is a mellow remix of Paper Planes by M.I.A. that incorporates Check the Rhime, Show Me What You Got, and some other track I can't distinguish. I don't know why, but it sounds like what M.I.A. would sound like if she was a member of the mid-90s hip-hop group Black Sheep. Cool rework, give it a listen.

Dave Wrangler - Paper Planes [direct download]


The second track is a remix of the TV On The Radio opus, Staring at the Sun, set to the classic electro-hip hop track Clear by Cybotron. Put these to masterpieces together and you have more grandiose adjectives than any one song description can handle.

Dave Wrangler - Staring At The Sun [direct download]

No comments: